World Mental Health Illness Awareness Week begins on Sunday 4th October in the USA and as we didn’t get chance to celebrate the UK awareness in May, The JCB Academy Sixth Form have decided to celebrate the event with the USA.
Some of the activities are fundraises, others are awareness activities for our own learners:
- Tea & Talk – We will be hosting a bake sale to raise funds for Mind.
- Mental Health Spectrum Exercise – This will involve using case studies to help learners understand the difference between good well-being and poor-wellbeing.
- On Yer Bike – Seven learners will pedal for one hour, each of the 7 sessions of the Academy day aiming to achieve a collective distance to cover.
- Mental Health Quiz – A short quiz to help learners think about what they have learnt about mental health.
- The Mind Walk – Learners will walk around JCB lakeside and take part in a orienteering based activity where they will find notes to help them to discuss and open up about mental health issues.
- Pledge Wall – A pledge poster/board will be available where learners can write a positive message and pin it to the board.